Since I started this site, I've always known I wanted this to be a personal outlet for the simple things that make me happy. It's nothing too serious, nothing overly crafted, and I'm okay with that. Writing here is a way for me to get used to sharing a bit of myself with the rest of the world. My hope over time is to eventually delve deeper, discuss things that are more meaningful. I want to tell stories. I'm not quite there yet, but this is my start. But the world doesn't have to be all so serious. I like to live in the light too!
My most popular posts tend to be all my food related ones. The only problem is I haven't been working on recipes much lately. I've had a big push when it comes to my design and furniture business, so all my attention has been focused there. I'm planning on getting back into the food game again, so keep an eye out for that! The other sort of post that gets the most attention are my beauty related ones. I just chopped off all my hair [I was in need of a change!] and after going back and forth about the color, I managed to get it where I wanted it [less blonde, more natural] so hopefully I'll share my new 'do once I figure out exactly how to make it work for me! Now back to what I'd meant to discuss, music.
When I'm having one of these moments where I feel unsure of where to go, unsure what to write, I spend an inordinate amount of time listening to music. Music has been a constant in my life. It never lets me down, never leaves me and forever helps me process my thoughts and gain a bit of clarity. Today I'm back to working on furniture after taking the weekend off, but before I did, I filled out this quick Q&A about music. If you're a bit curious about what I listen to, this is a good place to start, but I'm hoping to start sharing a mix of what's been a part of my weekly soundtrack soon!
50 Q&A: Music
1. What are you listening to right now?
There is a Light That Never Goes Out - The Smiths
2. What song makes you sad?
Poison & Wine - The Civil Wars
3. Your all time favorite band?
4. Your newest favorite musician is?
5. Favorite female voice?
Joy Williams [formerly of The Civil Wars]
6. Favorite male voice?
7. Music type you find yourself listening to most?
Alternative / Indie
8. What do you listen to, to hype you up?
Early 2000s pop, hiphop and pop/punk rock, recently more EDM especially when I'm working out
9. What do you listen to when you want to calm down?
Iron & Wine and Beach House
10. Last gig/concert you went to?
Conor Oberst at The Variety Playhouse last week
11. Band you find yourself listening to the most right now?
I've been harkening back to some of my go-tos: Jimmy Eat World and Death Cab for Cutie [oldies but always good]
12. Most hated band?
No hate here
13. Song that makes you think?
Let Go - Frou Frou
14. Band that you think the world should love as much as you do?
16. Current favorite music video?
Don’t really watch many. Only video that comes to mind is Sleep on the Floor - The Lumineers
17. Do you sing?
18. Last time you performed?
SO much karaoke on Saturday :)
19. What would you play in the bedroom to spice things up?
20. Can you play a musical instrument?
21. Ever been in a mosh pit?
I can hold my own in one yes :)
21. Are you in a band?
23. Ever dated a musician?
24. Do you wish that you were a musician?
25. Current favorite chick band?
26. Last song that you listened to?
Cold Little Heart - Michael Kiwanuka
27. What do you think of Classical music?
28. What do you think of Country music?
It has its moments, but mostly a pass
29. What do you think of Death metal?
Great way to get out aggression
30. Are you a groupie?
Don’t think so! :)
31. Do you listen to music in foreign languages?
Not often but occasionally
32. What famous musician would you like to “spend the night with”!?
Jesse Lacey always.
33. Worst concert moment?
Getting into a huge fight with a friend just moments before you have to stand next to them at a concert for two hours [uncomfortable!]
34. Best concert moment?
Getting sweat on by Dave Grohl :)
35. Best local act you can think of?
36. If you were a musical instrument what would you be?
37. Do you listen to the radio?
Not really for music, just NPR
38. Do you watch music TV?
No, but I do miss the days of VH1 and MTV
39. Do you follow the music charts, like the top 40?
Not really. I do check out what new songs are on iTunes Alt music every week, but don’t focus so much on the top charts.
40. Have you met any famous musicians?
I’ve met a few in my life :)
41. Are any of your friends/family/etc. musicians?
42. Song that best describes your feelings right now?
Illuminate - Emma Louise
43. Song that describes your life?
Slow and Steady - Of Monsters and Men
44. Does a musician’s physical attractiveness play a role in the music that you listen to?
45. Favorite movie soundtrack?
Garden State always and forever
46. Favorite TV show sound track?
Little Big Lies is KILLING it with their music. It comes out on Friday and I need it in my life!
47. What do your parents listen to?
The Beatles and music that makes her want to dance [it’s an odd mixture!]
48. What are you listening to right NOW?
You are a Tourist - Death Cab for Cutie
49. Do you wear band etc T-shirts?
Mostly to bed and when I’m painting - I’m never getting rid of them :)
50. When do you listen to music the most?
Before bed, when I’m working, cooking, showering, working out, getting ready, when I’m sad, when I’m happy, when I’m stressed. When I’m filling out these Q&A’s :)