I started this on a whim. It took entirely too long and I'm almost certain I've repeated a couple questions. My brain is too exhausted to go through it again. Read on for random insights into my life!
1. What is your middle name? Marie
2. What was your favorite subject in high school? I loved any class that involved some sort of creative writing. AP Literature with Ms. Gannon was the class that made me a better writer. In high school and college, the most fascinating classes for me were all the film classes I took.
3. Alcoholic beverage of choice? Red wine [cabernet or zinfandel, yum!] though I love a good bourbon drink. Old Fashioneds are my cocktail of choice.
4. What is your favorite song at the moment? 7 by Catfish and the Bottlemen
5. What is your favorite food? Indian food. Or seaweed salad. Bizarre, but I crave it. Love salty things!
5. What is the last thing you bought? Vintage globe and some art prints for a house I'm styling this week.
6. What is your favorite book of all time? Pride and Prejudice. Ever the romantic.
7. Favorite color? Deep blues
8. Do you have any pets? SO many. Dogs: Kona [lab mix] and Watson [beagle mix and the baby] Cats: Maggie and Jake [scottish folds]. I have the cutest brood you'll ever meet. It's the truth.
9. Favorite Perfume? Chloe [their original scent]
10. Favorite holiday? Christmas, but I LOVE cooking Thanksgiving dinner :)
11. Have you ever been out of the country, if so, how many times? Yes. Too many times to count...I'd say at least 25-30?
12. Do you speak any other language? I understand Tagalog [Philippines] and Spanish. I can't speak Tagalog, but could get back my Spanish if I tried!
13. Favorite Restaurant? This might be an impossible question. Atlanta has SO many great food options!
14. When was the last time you cried? Watching Game of Thrones last night. ['Hold the door'] :(
15. Favorite Blog? Style by Emily Henderson. She's more of my interior design hero, though I do like her writing style. Her personality really comes through. I love that.
16. Favorite Movie? Another impossible question. I'd need to go genre by genre. But we're probably talking Pride and Prejudice again. I'm too predictable.
17. Favorite TV show? I was a MASSIVE Lost fan, despite the controversial ending. Gilmore Girls though. Such a formative show for me.
18. PC or Mac? I've used Macs since the early 90s. I'm a die hard.
19. What phone do you have? iPhone 6s
20. How tall are you? 5'6ish most days, 5'7 if I stand up straight :)
21. Can you cook? Yes- I love cooking for friends and family!
22. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out? I like to be ‘tucked in’ but I twist and turn too much for that to last the night
23. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees? Well that sounds awful. But definitely bear. My Girl scarred me for life from bee attacks :( And if Leo could survive a bear attack, so can I, no?
24. Do you have freckles? Yes, especially in the summertime
25. Do you always smile for pictures? I think I look so much better when I’m not really smiling. But I do usually smile like a normal human :)
26. What is your biggest pet peeve? People who don’t follow through on what they say they'll do. And drivers who don't pay attention to the road. They're the worst.
27. Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing? Yes.
28. Do you chew your pens and pencils? Never.
29. What size is your bed? California King, specifically purchased to fit me and my four pets in [two cats and two dogs]. If and when I have a significant other, I'm not sure where he'll sleep :)
30. What do you dip a chicken nugget in? Sweet and Sour Sauce or Honey Mustard
31. Last person you kissed/kissed you? A guy I went on a date with. Because that’s what happens on dates sometimes ;)
32. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? Last week.
33. Favorite kind of sandwich? Grilled cheese. But like a REALLY good one. I'm talking Gruyere people. And always with tomato soup. Always.
34. Best thing to eat for breakfast? I don't eat much in the morning, so a smoothie or a juice, unless it's Sunday, then pancakes and bacon. Most days though breakfast is Vanilla Almond Special K with skim milk and a cup of tea. Or a Nespresso [treat yo self.].
35. What is your usual bedtime? Varies. Usually 11:30, but sometimes 1:30am. Tonight is a 1:30am night for sure.
36. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween? So many things, but Belle from Beauty and the Beast was my most memorable. I had to wear a white turtleneck underneath my dress because it was so cold out. Only made it even more AWESOME.
37. What is your Chinese astrological sign? Tiger.
38. Ever watch soap operas? Just a couple Tela Novelas with my friend in Middle School. I'm fairly sure some of the TV shows I watch now would fall into the soap category [Nashville...?]
39. Are you afraid of heights? Nope, I LOVE them! They give me such an andrenaline high. If I'm visiting a new place, my first instinct is to get to the highest vantage point and look down.
40. Do you sing in the car? Always.
41. Do you dance in the car? If I’m with certain friends. I've always called it 'chair dancing' though I'm pretty sure that means a very different thing in most circles...
42. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer? In January for the newspaper :)
43. Do you think musicals are cheesy? Yes, but I like them anyway. [Les Miserables!!!]
44. Is Christmas stressful? No! It’s wonderful.
45. Ever eat a pierogi? Oh yes.
46. Favorite type of fruit pie? Apple
47. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid? Novelist, Songwriter, Doctor and a brief interest in Egyptology. I remember getting a hyrogliphics kit from either the Metropolitan Museum of Art or the Brooklyn Museum [can't remember which], and I was hooked for at least a few months on everything Egypt. I still will go see any Ancient Egyptian exhibit when I can.
48. Ever have a Deja-vu feeling? All the time.
49. Wear slippers? Flip flops are a staple in my house. [my Hawaiian roots?]
50. What do you wear to bed? T-shirt + underwear.
51. First concert? N’Sync!!! <3 <3 <3
52. Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart? Target obviously.
53. Nike or Adidas? Nike.
54. Cheetos Or Fritos? Fritos.
55. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds? Almonds. Ok fine, peanuts.
56. Ever took dance lessons? Yes for years.
57. Can you curl your tongue? Yes.
58. Ever won a spelling bee? Yes! [I'm SERIOUSLY good at spelling] I still spell things in the spelling bee cadence [nerd...]
59. Have you ever cried because you were so happy? Yes. And now I cry in movies and TV shows. This is a new occurrence in recent years. I think I'm becoming a sap in my old age :)
60. Ever been in love? Yes.
61. Who would you like to see in concert? Arctic Monkeys, along with MANY other bands :)
62. What was the last concert you saw? PVRIS
63. Ever broken someone's heart? Yes.
64. Ever had your heart broken? Yes.
65. Sugar or snickerdoodles? Snickerdoodles. This is a recent change in my cookie preferences. My tastes are ever evolving.
66. Can you swim well? Yes.
67. Can you hold your breath without holding your nose? Yes.
68. Are you patient? With some things…
69. DJ or band, at a wedding? Both! EPIC dance party! That's the only part of a wedding that matters. [well for the most part...]
70. Tea or coffee? Tea. I drink it everyday. I take it with milk and sugar [or usually stevia since I try and steer clear of refined sugar]. Coffee only sometimes.
71. Which are better black or green olives? Neither. Olives are weird.
72. Best room for a fireplace? Outside. I love a fire pit :)
73. Do you want to get married? Yes.
74. Who was your High School crush? Brian. Don't tell Brian.
75. Do you want kids? Yes.
76. Do you miss anyone right now? Yes.
77. What's your favorite season? Spring and Fall. I love them equally and for similar reasons.
78. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4. "For a resident visa, the French government requires a medical exam." -The Sharper the Knife, the Less You Cry
79. What was the last person you texted? My friends Danielle and Colin about potential karaoke plans.
80. Before you started this survey, what were you doing? I made a big cup of tea and listened to music in bed. Still partaking in both whilst I fill this out.
81. What is the last thing you watched on TV? The Wonder List with Bill Weir, the Namibia episode.
82. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear? Snoring dogs. I lead an alluring, exotic life.
83. Do you tan or burn? Tan. I turn a drastically different shade if left in the sun for long periods of time.
84. Do you remember your dreams? Actually, I do often. I've always been fascinated by dreams [I found the movie/concept of Inception compelling!]
85. When did you last laugh? A couple hours ago.
86. Do you remember why / at what? I laughed at my cat, Jake. An explanation could be given, but it would just make me sound even more ridiculous.
87. Have you ever been to Canada? Yes, but I'd like to visit Vancouver and the beautiful spots I've seen photos of in British Columbia.
88. Shoes, socks, or bare feet? Currently? Bare feet. [I'm in bed] Most of the time when I'm home? Bare feet. I'm suppose I'm a hobbit.
89. What is the last film you saw? We Are Your Friends. Not an all time favorite, but it had a really fascinating take on how music affects people physically. It had a killer soundtrack too. And Zac Efron isn't the worst thing to look at for 90 minutes...
90. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? That's a tough question... I'd like to live wherever the person I love is. Jury's still out on this one...Though to add onto this, I would never want to have a long commute if I could help it!
91. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy? First class plane tickets to somewhere I've never been. Most of my spending would involve travel and feeding my sense of wanderlust and love for food, but I'm also a fairly level headed person, so I'd get some practical things as well.
92. What's your favorite band? Growing up [and forever]: Brand New and Jimmy Eat World Currently: Of Monsters and Men, Arctic Monkeys, and I like too many to choose just one!
93. Are you a righty or a lefty? Southpaw all the way. [that would be lefty]
94. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer? Soundtrack from We Are Your Friends. Not my usual taste in music, but it's fantastic for working out.
95. Last time you swam in a pool? Blue Lagoon in Iceland. Kind of the best pool around :)
96. Type of music you dislike most? It used to be country but my feelings have changed there...I really appreciate so many forms of music it's really hard to say!
97. Are you listening to music right now? Yes. I'm almost always listening to music. Really though.
98. Sun or Rain? I love when the sun comes out just after a thunder storm. I love the smell and the feeling and everything about it. Hawaii is in a constant state of this. I think that's why I love it so much.
99. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving? I've done the former, and I'd do the latter. [sorry Mom]
100. What’s you zodiac sign? Pisces
101. What’s your hair color? Naturally brunette. Right now it's a mix of a deep blonde and brunette. Bronde? It's a thing.
102. What quote do you live by? "Wherever you are, be all there" I recently had this quote on my mind, and I'd say it's a good one to live by.
103. What color are your eyes? Brown.
104. Do you wear any kind of jewelry 24/7? At least a couple rings and my standard small hoop earrings.
105. Do you turn the water off when you brush your teeth? Yes.
106. Do you have any phobias? I acquired a fear of being the passenger in a car after I was in an accident a couple years ago. I can still manage well enough, but I'm pretty anxious the whole time. I'm perfectly fine to be the driver though. It's a control thing.
107. What’s your lucky number? 1234 [I always look at the clock and see 12:34, morning and night. Always.]
108. Can you solve a Rubik's cube? Haven't yet. But now I really want one so I can try. I love puzzles. Someone bring me a cube!
109. What are you listening to right now? My recently added playlist. Current song: PVRIS - 'Holy'
110. Do you wear the hood on hoodies? Only when I'm really cold or in a bit of a mood.
111. What’s the farthest-away place you’ve been? Longest flight was to New Zealand. It took DAYS.
112. What’s your favorite radio station? I don't really listen to the radio. I loathe commercials. When my car had free XM radio I loved AltNation. Great channel for discovering new bands. Now I'm all about making my own playlists on my iPhone.
113. Are you allergic to anything? In recent years I've developed an allergy to pollen [Atlanta gets covered in a blanket of pollen for a few weeks every spring]. Usually I'm fine, but it can be brutal at times. I used to get an itchy tongue when I ate pineapples and peppers, but I think I've just about grew out of both. Still don't love peppers though. Pineapples are my jam.
114. Were you named after anyone? According to my lovely Catholic mom, St. Joseph and St. Anthony. [my full name is Joanne]
115. Do you wear glasses/contacts? Not usually, but I really should be wearing my glasses when I'm on the computer or reading. I'm awful at remembering to!
116. Have you ever walked out of a movie theater before the film was finished? There was a prequel to the Exorcist that we walked out of. Can't remember the exact name of it, but it was too scary/awful for some of us :)
117. What’s your least favorite school subject? Math was the subject I typically did the poorest in, but I actually really enjoyed it.
118. Put your iTunes library on shuffle. What’s the first song that comes up? The Civil Wars - 'Poison and Wine' </3
119. Do you wear jeans or sweatpants more? Yoga pants baby. But if it was between the two given options, jeans.
120. Where in the world would you like to travel? Africa and South America. I've yet to go to either continent.
121. Are you traveling anywhere soon? No summer plans booked yet, but hoping to get over to Southern California soon!
122. Have you ever built an igloo? I have! Blizzard of '96 in New York. It was EPIC.
123. Best thing at starbucks? I rarely go, but a flat white or a skinny vanilla latte. Tastes like a marshmallow!
124. Do you like watching scary movies? I do when I'm with a boy I like [I know, I sound like I'm 15, but we're truth telling so...]
125. What were you doing at midnight last night? Trying to sleep, but ended up writing/listening to music instead. Story of my life.
126. What’s under your bed? Probably one of my cats, Maggie.
127. How do you really feel about what you are doing right now at this exact moment? I feel like a much younger Jo who used to LOVE these quizzes. Except older Jo is much more wordy, therefore she takes twice as long to answer. My own fault.
128. Think fast, what do you like right now? The song that's on: WALK THE MOON- 'Aquaman'
129. Are you sarcastic? I try to downplay it, but I'm super sarcastic.
130. What time do you get up? 8-8:30 usually.
131. What was the name of your first pet? Princess, my beloved white Persian fluff ball of a cat.
132. What color are your sheets? A kind of pinky-coral pattern. They're from Target and they're organic, so you know, healthy sheets.
133. How are you feeling right now? Slightly sleepy, but wishing someone would bring me more tea.
134. What was your favorite food when you were a child? Grape jelly sandwiches [white bread with the crust cut off of course]. And Apple Jacks cereal. [still a sneaky favorite of mine...]
135. Can you whistle? No :(
136. Can you drive a stick shift? No, but I'd like to learn.
137. What’s your favorite candle scent? Jo Malone Blackberry and Bay. Those are some expensive candles though, so feel free to pick one up for me when the mood strikes you :)
138. Have your pants ever fallen down in public? No, but I've definitely had a full on Marilyn Monroe dress moment :)
139. Do you sing in the shower? Always!
140. Can you close your eyes and raise your eyebrows? I had to try that one out first, but yes!
141. Dogs or cats? I love them EQUALLY. [they might hear me if I say otherwise...]
142. Do you make wishes at 11:11? Sometimes, but I'm more of a 12:34 girl.
143. What’s your favorite type of chapstick? Jack Black Lip Balm in Black Tea & Blackberry
144. What are you reading now? All the Light We Cannot See - I was meant to read this for my book club AGES ago and never finished!
145. Can you touch your nose with your tongue? Nope.
146. Can you walk in heels? Depends on the heels, but I'm getting pretty good at it. Practice!
147. How many rings before you answer the phone? I usually screen my calls unless it's someone I know who I want to talk to [I'm kind of the worst at phone calls!]
148. Any new and exciting things that you would like to share? I just built a fantastic little studio in my backyard for my business. It's my little piece of heaven :)
149. What is most important in life? "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return" -name that movie! [I genuinely believe in this quote. I'm still working on it though...]
150. What Inspires you? Music, certain people in my life, being out in nature.